Free course Red List and the Trafficking of Cultural Property
The course Red List and the Illicit Traffic of Cultural Goods, online and free, was designed by ICOM Brazil and is carried out by the Brazilian Association of Cultural Management (ABGC), with institutional support from SESI Lab and Expomus.
The course aims to inform, guide and disseminate to professionals working in the cultural sector, linked to the universe of museums, cultural heritage, art market and the like, about the importance of combating the illicit trafficking of Brazilian cultural assets, mainly through institutional cooperation, nationally and internationally.
It is the offshoot of the launch of Red List Brasil, held in February 2023. The publication became part of the set of ICOM Red Lists that circulate internationally to disseminate the typologies of cultural objects most subject to illicit trafficking. In the Brazilian case, the list includes for the first time fossils and ethnographic objects. Get to know Red List Brasil.
About the course
- Brazilian and foreign professors who are experts in the subject. Classes in English will be subtitled in Portuguese.
- Asynchronous classes. Take the course in the time you have available, until October 2024.
- Every Wednesday a new class is released, starting on 4/10/2023.
- On the online platform there will be complementary materials for download.
- Issuance of ICOM and ABGC certificate for those who comply with all modules.
- Check out the Curricular Matrix